Exciting News Summerside!
Published Wednesday, July 22, 2020
Hello Summerside. We have some exciting news.
The SSRA has continued communicating closely with AHS, and we are happy to announce two things. Starting Monday July 27th, rentals of stand up paddleboards will be allowed. Additionally, limited guest access will also be allowed starting July 27th. Full details are below
Stand Up Paddleboards
- Usage of the boards will be allowed starting Monday, July 27th.
- SUP rentals are available from 11:00am-8:30pm daily. Last call for rentals will be at 8:00pm.
- Usage will be limited to 45 mins per rental.
- There is a 2 board rental maximum per household at one time.
- Lifejackets are mandatory, however they will not be provided because of the difficulty to sanitize them to current COVID-19 standards. In order to rent a SUP, users must have their own lifejacket.
- The SSRA reserves the right to deny rentals of SUP’s if a lifejacket does not properly fit the user, as determined by SSRA staff.
- Other watercraft will not be offered at this time because of the difficulty to remove them from the water, and properly dry and clean them to current COVID-19 standards.
The SSRA has been monitoring and analyzing park usage, and is happy to announce a guest system that has been approved by AHS, and is designed to strike a balance between allowing the ability to bring guests into the park, while still making sure resident access isn’t affected in any significant fashion.
- A maximum of 50 guests per day will be allowed into the park. No guest access will be allowed on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays, or holidays.
- Guest booking will start on Monday, July 27th, with reservations starting on Friday, July 24th.
- Guests must be pre booked, and will be accepted on a first come- first serve basis.
- Booking will open 7 days in advance, at 10:00 am. Reservations will close at 8:00 pm, on the evening prior, or once the guest list has filled.
- The exception to bookings being accepted 7 days in advance will be during the first week. Booking will open at 10:00am on Friday July 24th for guest reservations from Monday July 27th through Friday July 31st
- Households may bring up to 2 guests, and may do so once per week.
- Booking a guest does not include priority access, or guarantee access to the park. Park access will remain first-come, first-serve based on our capacity.
- Guests must arrive and leave with residents.
- A guest is defined as anyone who is a non- resident, regardless of age.
- No walk ups will be allowed.
- In consideration of other residents who may want to reserve guest spaces, please contact the SSRA office at 780-497-7558, or email reception@summerside-connect if you need to cancel you reservation. Repeated no-shows may result in restricting a household’s guest access.
HOW TO BOOK
- Search www.bit.ly/ssrareservations
- Click on Select A Date and choose the date available to reserve by clicking on Tickets
- The ticket information appears. From the drop down choose 1 or 2 then select Register
- You will receive an email order confirmation, and your reservation will be attached in a PDF that you can print or view on your mobile phone.