Frequently Asked Questions
The Lake Summerside Amenities are for the exclusive use of Members of the Lake Summerside Residents Association and their guests. Until the community has reached a self-sustainable level, this rule will be relaxed to allow outside residents to register for programs and rent the Lake Summerside. A non-resident fee will be added to the cost. However, only residents and their guests will be permitted to use the beach, park, or lake.
- Membership fees are mandatory and are due January 1 of every year.
- A “Member” is defined in the Lake Summerside Residents Association Brochure.
- All members must present their membership card to gain entrance to the park and facility. Access may be denied without your membership card.
- Members accessing the Lake Summerside Amenities must carry their membership card at all times and present it for inspection upon request of the lake Summerside Residents Association staff.
- Membership cards are not transferable.
- Lending your membership card to another person is prohibited and will result in a temporary suspension of membership privileges as determined by SSRA.
- 5 guests(non-residents) per household
Issuance of Membership Card
Procedure for obtaining a membership card:
- If you are the registered owner of the property, bring a copy of your Certificate of Title to the office along with a piece of Government issued picture ID. The Certificate of Title can also be received by way of fax/mail/email. Certificate of Titles are not kept on file at Lake Summerside. Any Certificate of Title faxed/mailed/emailed will be shredded after being reviewed. Members must reside in the Lake Summerside home to be eligible for a membership card. All members must provide proof of residency in order to obtain a card.
- Renters – the homeowner may transfer their privileges to the renters. Owners or renters (not both) may have /facility access. If the owners wish to transfer their privileges to the renters, a Transfer of Privileges form must be completed and returned to the Lake Summerside Administration Office. This form is available from the Administration Office and on www.summerside-connect.com. If owners would like communication from the SSRA (invoices, AGM notices, etc.) sent to a different address, please inform the administration office.
- Unmarried children, boarders, and nannies who are 21 years of age or older will be issued cards when they supply proof that they live at that address, by way of a piece of Government issued picture ID with the current address on it.
- Membership cards are eligible to be renewed every three (3) years free of charge, at the members’ request. If a membership card is lost, residents will be charged a $10.00 fee for replacement.
- Children under 12 will not be issued cards and are only allowed to use the facilities when accompanied by an adult.
- Membership cards remain the property of the Lake Summerside Residents Association. SSRA will seize cards and suspend access if the holder of the card breaches the rules.
Guest of Members
- Residents eligible for membership cannot be signed in as guests.
- Adult members are permitted up to 5 guests per household. Members’ children 12 to 17 years of age entering the park without an adult are allowed up to 2 guests (part of the 5 guests per household) All guests must be signed in with the Customer Relations Associate before entering the park/facility.
- Are you having more than 5 guests? Please contact the office to book an outdoor booking for $40.00 plus gst (up to 30 guests).Earliest date to book an outdoor booking or tent booking is 30 days in advance on the same date. The Park Guest List form can be found on www.summerside-connect.com or at Lake Summerside. SSRA has the right to decline any large group.
- Members/households are only permitted to submit one (1) guest list per day.
- Members must be in the park with their guests and will assume full responsibility for their guests and their guests’ actions at all times while accessing any of the Lake Summerside Amenities. Members must accompany guests on any boat rental.
- Appropriate attire must be worn at all times – The Lake Summerside & park facility is a family friendly environment.
- Bicycles, liquor, and glass bottles(conjtainers) are not permitted in the park.
- Scooters, rollerblades, roller-skates, skateboards,remote controlled toys etc.. are not permitted in the park.
- Animals are not permitted in the park.
- Smoking is not permitted in the park.
- Members must refrain from using foul language in the park and rambunctious and unsafe behavior will not be tolerated.
- Tobogganing is permitted in designated areas only.
- Nobody is allowed on the ice while the Zamboni or other equipment is servicing the ice.
- Hockey sticks and pucks are not permitted on the pleasure rink.
- Tennis courts are to be used for tennis only.
- Soft soled court shoes are to be used.
- Chairs and other hard objects are not permitted on the courts.
- The courts are available on a first come, first serve basis.
- Use of the courts is to be restricted to 30 minute periods during busy times, except if a formal instruction program is scheduled by the SSRA.
- Proper tennis etiquette should prevail to resolve disputes.
- Jumping, sitting, or leaning on the tennis nets is strictly prohibited.
All such Members and their guests are permitted the use of the Lake Summerside Amenities at their own risk and subject to the following rules and regulations.
Any violation of the the above policies will result in:
Warning by the Lake Summerside Residents Association Management or suspension of privileges for a period of time that is deemed appropriate by the Lake Summerside Residents Association.
SSRA does not accept liability for any damage or loss of personal items or personal injury for Members, Family Members, Guests, and Non-Residents. Members, guests, or participants should ensure they have adequate homeowners insurance in place to cover against property damage or loss and personal injury.
In all matters, whether or not specifically covered herein, courtesy and common sense shall prevail. Staff members are not provided for supervising or babysitting. Play safe and be respectful of the park and other members in the park. Members are encouraged to approach staff with any questions or concerns they may have. We will do our best to accommodate you.
Please note that the Lake Summerside Residents Association Staff and Residents will not tolerate physical or verbal abuse of any kind. The necessary authorities will be immediately called if this behaviour occurs.
Management of the Lake Summerside Residents Association reserves the right to change or update the Rules and Regulations as necessary without notice.